What is AEI Premium?
- AEI Premium is a subscription membership that provides better insights, methods for challenging their thinking, and a feedback loop for improvement.
- AEI Premium helps savvy farmers, agribusiness decision-makers, engaged ag lenders, ag policy wonks, and commodity market observers.
- Learn more and start your free trial today.
What is the Ag Forecast Network?
- AFN is a tool – available to AEI Premium members- that helps its users navigate today’s agricultural uncertainties; from crop yields to policy decisions made in Washington, D.C. AFN offers a proprietary decision framework that challenges its members to learn from each other and make themselves better.
- Click here to learn more.
What exactly do I get with my AEI Premium subscription?
- Exclusive Content– AEI Premium provides content you won’t find anywhere else. It’s not breaking news; it’s a break-down of the issues, challenges, and opportunities facing agriculture. In-depth research, data-driven insights, interviews with experts, and ideas that make us better. And, most importantly, the content is written with the reader in mind- no ads, no sponsors, no clickbait.You will find articles focused on three different themes:
- “The Deeper Dive” – Data-Driven Insights
- “Ideas That Make Us Better” – Outside the Box Thinking
- “Tips for Using AFN” – How to Use Your Time Here Effectively.
- AFN tool– The Ag Forecast Network (AFN) is a tool specifically designed to help users navigate agricultural uncertainties. AFN takes the uncertainties we all face – such as “will corn prices rally?”- and structures the unknowns in a way that (1) forces second-level thinking, (2) enables learning from others, and (3) allows you to learn from yourself. Learn more about AFN here.
- Feedback for Improvement– Built into the AFN tool are metrics to help you measure and improve how you navigate uncertainties. What went well? What went poorly? How do your expectations stack up against others? How well did your forecast turn out? AFN’s structured design allows for a feedback loop for improvement
How are the AFN forecasts scored?
- AFN’s method compares your forecast to other users who submitted a forecast on the same topic, for the same time frame. Users can find the details here.
- Here’s the most relevant part: if your score is 80%, this means your forecast was more accurate than 80% of other users that submitted forecasts for the same days you submitted a forecast.
Can I see other people’s AFN forecasts?
- Not right now, but stay tuned. We are working on a way for you to share your forecasts with others. This will be completely optional and you will always be in control of who can see what. Truth be told, Brent and David want to see each other’s forecasts within the platform, and we believe that would bring value to other users, too. So we’ll roll that feature out later to keep the founders happy.
Why do I have to pay a subscription?
- Ever since AEI’s bootstrapped beginning, Brent and David wanted to build a company that was independent (which sometimes conflicts with paid advertising) and respected users’ privacy (which sometimes conflicts with social media). We have a simple, no-strings-attached subscription model to keep the servers running, programmers making improvements, and AEI staff writing great content. You can start your free 14-day trial here.
- With this model, we have a simple promise: “we will never try selling you someone else’s stuff, and we will never sell your stuff (information) to other people.”
Do you sell my data?
- No, never. Data you share within AEI Premium and AFN will never be shared outside of the platform. To be honest, we aren’t smart enough to set up a Cambridge Analytica- type scheme… plus we think that’s a horrible way to structure a business.
- We are here to help you think through uncertainties in agriculture. AFN was built to create value for you. With that, we rely on your subscription support.
What happens after I sign up?
- You can start your free trial here. Welcome aboard. You will receive weekly emails from Brent and David to help you get started. First things first, choose a few questions on a topic that interests you most and get forecasting. We recommend logging into AEI Premium at least once a week so you can stay updated and keep your AFN forecasts relevant.
- During your trial, upgrade your account to one of the following options:
Is AEI Premium or AFN sponsored by a specific group? Is the content biased to one perspective?
- No, AEI Premium and AFN were founded by Brent and David, the voices behind aei.ag. They set up a simple user subscription model to avoid any potential conflicts of interest that could arise from taking on sponsored content or advertisements.
- AEI Premium is about being open, critical, and always re-calibrating. We strive to provide opportunities for meaningful discourse.
I have another question that isn’t answered here. Can I speak to someone at AEI Premium?
- Sure, reach out to us at email@example.com. We’ll get you connected with the right person.
- Or call us, if that’s your thing: 765-203-1073. (Spoiler alert: plan to leave a message and we’ll call you back. We sometimes forget whose job it is to answer the phone and it just rings through to voicemail… #StartUpProblems.)